People suffering from digestive problems should try this delicious shake of papaya, apple, and oatmeal that helps balance problems like acidity, reflux, bloating, constipation or diarrhea.
Discover in this article all the papaya, apple, and oatmeal are amazing shake that will help us improve digestion and provide our body with a good amount of nutrients.
Improve digestion with food
Digestive problems are often the result of unbalanced eating. However, there are also other physical and emotional factors that can affect the function of the stomach, liver or intestine.
We must also keep in mind that not any food, even if it is healthy, has to sit well if we suffer some digestive disorder.
We must try to feed ourselves in a balanced and varied way, as well as pay attention to those foods that make us feel better or worse. In this way, we can establish our own diet.
Some foods are often very beneficial for almost all people suffering from a digestive disorder. Next, we will see three of them, which we can consume together in the form of the milkshake.
The papaya is a fruit of tropical origin rich in sugars and fiber that stands out for its high content of beta-carotene, which gives it its characteristic orange color.
It is also a source of vitamins A, B and C. Its texture is soft and juicy, and inside it has a lot of round, gelatinous seeds.
Papaya has the following properties for digestion, thanks to its enzyme papain and other nutrients:
- It has anti-inflammatory properties: It calms the pain and inflammation of the whole digestive tract.
- It promotes digestion, especially of high-protein foods such as meat and fish.
- Reduces gastric acidity.
- Promotes intestinal transit without irritating the bowel.
- Crushed seeds fight intestinal parasites.
The apple is a very common fruit that we often despise for having it very within reach. However, the saying goes that one apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- The apple stimulates the production of gastric juices thanks to histidine, very beneficial in cases of ulcers and gastritis.
- Its content in pectin regulates intestinal transit, whether we are prone to constipation or diarrhea. It is, therefore, very suitable for balancing disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome.
- Malic acid promotes good health of the liver and gallbladder and, therefore, the digestion of fats.
- The soluble fiber of the apple delays the absorption of glucose during the digestive process.
- Alkalize the organism.
- It reduces bad breath.
We recommend to always consume organic apples since it is a fruit to which many pesticides are often thrown at.
The oatmeal is one of the best cereals we can consume because their nutritional values are very complete. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and mucilages.
Among its health benefits are:
- It is content in mucilages, which appear to put the oats to soak. They are a type of soluble fiber that lubricates and protects the interior of the digestive tract.
- This property is very beneficial in cases of gastritis and colitis.
- It stimulates liver function by helping to produce more lecithin.
- It is a very satiating food.
- Reduces bile acids.
- Fight constipation.
In addition to these digestive properties, oats regulate the nervous system, which can be very beneficial for those people who somatize the nerves in the stomach.
Papaya, apple, and oatmeal shake
Here’s how to prepare this simple and natural papaya, apple, and oatmeal smoothie.
- 1 slice of papaya (about 150 g)
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons oats (24 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- Stevia to sweeten (optional) (to taste)
What should you do?
- First, the night before, we must soak the oats in the glass of water.
- In the morning, we will beat the water and the oats along with the apple (if it is ecological, with its peeling) and the papaya.
- We can add some papaya seeds if we wish, but not more than 10.
- If we want it with a more liquid consistency we will add more water.
- Finally, we can sweeten it with stevia.