There are small habits and routines that you can introduce into your day to day little by little and that will help you to get rid of stress and enjoy a fuller life. Almost all of us have experienced stress sometimes. That feeling of overflow, in which we believe that everything surpasses us and that we will not cope. If you have felt identified, today you will discover how to use small routines to release stress.
You do not have to make big changes in your life for the stress to dissipate. However, it is true that we must know how to incorporate habits, little by little so that they become our new way of life. If we introduce them all at once, we may fail.
They say that if you manage to start and maintain a habit for 21 days, this has already become a small routine that is part of your way of life. So, let’s see which ones can help us fight stress so we can start seeing results as soon as possible.
1. Organize Your Day
To discover how to use small routines to release stress, you can start with a very simple habit: that of the organization. Many people prefer to carry it out at night, after work. Others, on the other hand, do it when they have just got up.
The benefit of organizing is that it frees a lot of dates, appointments, and commitments from our minds, some of which we will forget or remember too late. Writing down everything in a diary or in a notebook will help us get rid of a great stress load.
- During the first 21 days that we carry out this habit, we can do it, too, on the weekend so as not to lose the habit. Organizing any leisure activity or, even, what you are going to eat, will help you to organize yourself automatically.
- We recommend you to make a nice agenda or notebook so you can decorate it to your liking and thus be able to motivate yourself more.
2. The Eisenhower Matrix
The Eisenhower matrix allows you to improve your productivity and your time management. However, this can also help you release stress. This will allow you to prioritize important tasks so that you do not waste time with those that are not so important.
In this way, you will be able to reduce the amount of work you have progressively and at the same time, satisfactory. In addition to this, you can use some application to concentrate or the Pomodoro technique. Thus, you will dedicate yourself entirely to that task.
How is the Eisenhower matrix used?
- If it is important and urgent: If a task fits within this box, the action you must take is to do it right now. It has an absolute priority.
- If it is important, but not urgent: If you have a project that is important but does not enjoy the priority that you have given to the previous task, the recommended option, in this case, is to plan it.
- If it is urgent and it is not important: In case you have a task with an absolute priority, but it is not important, try delegating it to someone else. This, in addition, will prevent you from supporting more work than you can.
- If it is not urgent or important: If you can classify a task in this section, you have two options. The first is to minimize it, that is, leave it to the end or when you have a gap. The second option is to completely discard that task.
3. Daily Exercise Routines To Release Stress
The third of the ways in which small routines can help you release stress is to introduce exercise as part of your daily habits. Is not it true that you wash as soon as you get up or have breakfast? Well, exercise should also be an equally important part.
With dedicating about 30 minutes a day would be enough. We can go to the gym, go jogging or even do some routine at home. We also have a variety of styles to choose from: yoga, pilates, strength exercises, running, walking … The exercise is an excellent way to release daily stress.
These are some small routines to release stress, to begin with. There are many more, such as waking up and falling asleep at the same time or just waking up to do a leisure activity such as reading, listening to music, meditating … What habits have helped you to fight stress? Is there any that will not work?