One of the most powerful features Alexa has to offer is Routines. Routines are the special sauce that makes different devices work together, allowing you to control your smart home in personalized ways.
Routines will allow you to set up a wide range of actions and reactions based on anything the Alexa ecosystem supports. Routines will allow you to set ‘custom voice commands. Also, Routines can provide ‘custom responses’ to an action. Routines allow you to control smart home devices from different manufacturers. They will be exactly how you want them as well.
It means you can have ‘Alexa’ give you feedback when you wish ‘Good Morning.’ You can have your ‘Hue lights’ turn on when your ring, Doorbell detects motion. The list is never-ending.
Controlled via the Alexa app, they’re really easy process to create Alexa routines, and you can also share them with other Alexa users if you’d like.
How To Create An Alexa Routines
To create a routine, follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Go to the menu and select Routines.
- Select the + icon in the upper right corner.
- Select when this happens. Then ‘choose’ how to activate the routine.
- Select a smart home and then your installed device or sensor for smart home routines. Then select any option, for example, “detect motion.”
- Add ‘action’ and then select which action to complete.
- To get a notification from a motion or contact sensor, you must select Messages > Send notification. To activate another smart home device, go back to the smart home and choose what you want. For example, ‘turn on a light.’
- If you like to an ‘Echo to do something, you will get a ‘From’ option to select a device to act on.
- Tap ‘Save.’
Keep in mind that to change or remove a routine, go to the Routines section in the Alexa app. Choose a routine from the list in the enabled section to make your changes.
What Is The Process To Share An Alexa Routines
To share a routine, follow these steps:
- Go to Routines in the ‘Alexa app.’
- Select the ‘Routine’ you want to share.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ at the top of the right.
- Click Share’ Routine’.
- Then Send the routine via ‘Text, email, or social media.
How Can Set Up A Shared Alexa Routines
To use a shared Alexa routine, follow these steps:
- First of all, ‘Click’ the shared ‘URL link’ on your mobile device.
- Then, Follow the ‘Onscreen instructions’ in your Alexa app.
- Check for options in ‘yellow’ Text, which shows more fields to complete the ‘setup.’
With all these settings and process, you can enjoy your Alexa routines in your daily life and share your joy with others.