Each and every year, many vehicles are bought to be used entirely as a way to an end; the end being going to and from work, the mall, or the grocery and therefore the means that being, expression. It is not the fastest crossover, neither is it the best-handling.
In fact, it isn’t exciting the least bit. However those machinery do not matter even one iota to the Highlander’s target purchaser and there is overall nothing wrong thereupon. The midsize crossover credible a as a matter of fact smart automobile and Toyota is equally as smart for providing a large range of patrons with specifically what they require.
Here’s why the 2017 Toyota Highlander is top than ever once, why it’ll still be shunned by the enthusiast crowd and why it’ll continue merchandising in droves.
Toyota Highlander Model Features, Performance and Price
- Toyota’s latest combat the midsize crossover is engaging enough, however, it isn’t getting to stand out from the group. A replacement pyramid-shaped grille is that the biggest modification from previous Highlanders, and it joins new taillights to stay the 2017 model wanting contemporary.
- Big changes are often found in the Highlander’s engine bay. A new 3.5-liter V6 puts out 295 Horsepower and 263 pound-feet of torsion. That is 25 more ponies and 15 more lb-ft than before, and, whereas it isn’t as fast as a V6 EcoBoost Ford individual, you’ll feel the additional power from behind the wheel. Base leg models are still saddled with the recent 2.7-liter four-cylinder, which is probably best avoided.
- There’s additionally a brand new eight-speed automatic drive in the V6-equipped Highlander for 2017, substitution the recent six-speed unit. That helps eke out a trifle additional fuel economy from the massive V6, that is rated at 21 miles per gallon in the town, 27 on the main road, and 23 combined for front-drive versions. Drop one mpg across the board if you select all-wheel drive.
- We would recommend that patrons skip the $31,570 Highlander LE; the V6-powered LE plus, at $37,460, may be a additional affordable place to begin. XLE models add regarding $3,000 thereto worth and take pleasure in leather seats and an 8.0-inch Entune documentary system with navigation. The gas-only range superior out at the $44,080 limited model.
- For $42,090, the SE trim is aimed toward enthusiasts with a (very slightly) sportier suspension tune, 19-inch alloy wheels, and blacked-out projector-beam headlamps. This can be the model pictured in our image gallery higher than.
- As before, a Highlander Hybrid is obtainable beside the quality gas-powered models. A complete of 306 HP means that the Highlander Hybrid is both the foremost powerful and also the most effective version offered. The EPA rates the Hybrid at 29 mpg combined. Base value for an LE Hybrid is $37,210. The foremost expensive Highlander you’ll be able to obtain is the $48,820 Hybrid limited platinum, that gets an enormous, wide moon roof and a sweet 360-degree bird’s eye view Camera with multiple viewing modes thus you’ll be able to park this people-mover additional simply.
- All 2017 Highlander models get Toyota Safety Sense customary. That package includes forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, lane-departure warning, lane-keep assist, and adaptive controller. A blind-spot warning system with rear cross-traffic alert comes on everything however the LE and LE plus models.
- There’s associate Eco driving mode which may permit you to match the EPA’s calculable fuel economy figures, however it makes the throttle feel thus logy that we tend to quickly turned it off. The Hybrid model feels powerful and although we tend to did not get enough time behind the wheel to really check its mpg figures, we are able to positively say the system is refined, operative with little indication of that elements of the advanced drive train are literally causation power to the wheels.
- Don’t expect abundant steering feel from the Highlander, no matter what trim you select. Sure, the SE could also be alittle bit tighter, however this is not a driver’s automobile. it’s quiet and comfy, however, that is maybe a lot of vital to the patrons Toyota is aiming for.
- In addition to the graceful ride, ample area is another point for the Highlander. counting on the package and trim level, Highlanders will seat seven or eight passengers, or, with the third row stowed, hold 42.3 cubic feet of stuff in the cargo deck. Fold each rear rows and there are 82.3 cubes at your disposal.
- You can’t get Apple automobile Play or android auto in any Highlander, that could be a shame. Toyota’s in-house Entune infotainment usually works fine, although it’s oddly missing an obsessive button to access the navigation system.
Toyota Highlander Model Conclusion
Toyota has given a complete bunch of crossover buyers precisely what they want. The 2017 Highlander is innocuously styled, splendid to impose or start in, and roomy. There certainly aren’t any remarkable faults to howl about, as visualize as you’re satisfied to acknowledge that several buyers comparatively prefer a reliable vehicle to move their families and their stuff.
For that, the Highlander is a perfectly low-priced choice. But if that’s en masse you want to do, you certainly should yield a recognize at the being unexciting but eventually more wise Toyota Sienna minivan, too.