Green vegetables are foods rich in nutrients such as fiber, minerals and vitamins. According to nutritionists, you should include at least 3 cups a week of your consumption. The green color of these foods is due to the presence of chlorophyll that helps clean the toxins from the blood and detoxify the body, studies have confirmed that there are many benefits of green foods and also help to prevent cancer and improve immunity.
Here we tell you what are all its benefits of green foods for the body and also several ideas so you can include them in your diet:
Benefits of Green Foods
- They contain few calories and are very satisfying, ideal for losing weight.
- They have essential nutrients that help control weight.
- Rich in fiber, helps prevent constipation and improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- High content of vitamin C that helps strengthen the immune system preventing flu and colds.
- Helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease.
- Rich in antioxidants, they help eliminate free radicals from the body, preventing cellular aging of the body.
- Its presence of antioxidants helps prevent the appearance of certain types of cancer.
- Its high content of vitamin A helps to regenerate the skin, prevent eye infections, repair infected tissues and regenerate tissues.
- They have a large amount of calcium, essential to keep bones strong and healthy.
- Contain folic acid, essential for pregnant or lactating women.
- They are rich in iron, the mineral responsible for avoiding anemia and fatigue, also helps transport oxygen to cells.
- Rise the levels of energy.
How to Include Green Foods in your Food
- The lettuce and arugula can be consumed in sandwiches, wraps and salads, its fresh touch will help you to balance the flavors of your food.
- Foods such as broccoli or kale can be used to prepare creams, soups and dressings. They are even suitable foods to eat raw, but if you decide to prepare them, the best option is steam.
- Spinach is very versatile, you can include it in many recipes like scrambled eggs, spinach and vegetable tortillas, salads and many other preparations, use all your creativity.
- Green fruits like green apple, green grapes or kiwi are even more versatile to use, you can use them in juices, salted salads and fruit salads.
- Avocado is a very versatile option for any meal, you can use it in salads, as healthy dips and accompaniments of a delicious asado.
- The green paprika can be used in stews, fricases or stews.
- Green tea is of course a drink that should not be lacking in your diet, it is rich in antioxidants, which helps fight cancer, accelerates metabolism and helps digestion.