Emotional immaturity has no validity, so you will meet emotionally immature people at all times and of all ages.
In general, we would think that they do not have to affect us, but this is not the case.
Emotional immaturity occurs when an adult has emotions or behaves without assuming their responsibilities and in a childlike manner.
The problem of dealing with them is that they easily become an emotional and economic burden for others.
Do you think that you are already dealing with one or some emotionally immature people? Check their characteristics and, if it is the case, act to avoid that they complicate your life.
1. They are dependent
Emotionally immature people lack independence. With them, it is common to find that at a mature age they continue to depend on their loved ones to fulfill their obligations.
- You can understand that being an adult you should take care of your parents or partner, but a mature person is not a burden for others.
- You will know that you live with a person of this type if, whenever there is a problem, you blame others or circumstances. They are unable to accept that they have responsibility for what happens in their lives.
2. They do not know how to manage economically
The simple fact of working does not represent a cause of emotional maturity in all cases. However, the interest in generating your own income and the use you give your income is an important factor in the development of the individual.
- Those who spend without thinking about tomorrow, who do not set priorities and expect magical solutions for economic problems are emotionally immature people.
- The most serious problem is that all the time they will be on the line with respect to their finances.
3. They are not very empathetic
Emotionally immature people are unable to put themselves in the place of others and understand them. This means that they have trouble understanding that others have difficulties and that they also require support.
- If you have a person of this type by your side, you may have noticed that it disappears whenever you need your help.
- But, yes, as soon as he or she needs something from you, it appears and asks for it, hoping that your answer is positive.
These situations will make you angry and drain your energy. However, it is advisable to avoid getting angry all the time, because you will not change your attitude. The best thing is, simply, to give him help whenever you want and to get away when it is not like that.
4. Your priorities have an unhealthy organization
Emotionally immature people often put the fun, exits, alcohol consumption and anything else that is fun before family, work and responsibilities first.
- The problem with this disorder of priorities is that both your physical health and the strength of your relationships are affected.
5. They tend to pass over people to feel strong
Emotionally immature people often have trouble trusting themselves. To try to obtain that security that they lack, they usually look for the form to make feel bad or inferior to the others.
- Usually, the worse the other person feels, the better the immature people feel.
- They can use bullying, nicknames or any other behavior that affects their interlocutor.
6. They are afraid of commitment
This fear does not only refer to the aspects of a couple. It implies fleeing from any situation in which they must take control of their life, such as moving to live alone or looking for a job.
It is important to note that not only emotionally immature people are afraid of commitment: we are all afraid of making great changes in life.
- The difference is that people with emotional maturity take the step because they know it is important to achieve their goals personally.
- Those who have not matured emotionally do not understand how important it is to make these kinds of decisions.
7. They do not know how to express their emotions
Reacts in an extreme way to the emotions that daily life makes us experience. The sorrows take them to the maximum, as do their joys and rages.
They do not modulate their tone of voice in any of these situations and only limit themselves to live the experience without trying to obtain a learning.
- They are dramatic, and they love, in an unconscious way, to be the center of attention.
- When they get angry, they can be very rude and volatile.
These combinations of emotions usually drain the energy of those around them.
8. Refuse to listen to the opinion of any other person
Although emotionally immature people always seek for others to solve their problems, they ignore their opinions. This is due to his lack of empathy.
If you live with one of these people, it is important to understand that it is useless to make an effort to make them see their mistakes. He will not see them because he simply does not care.
What to do with emotionally immature people?
The reality is that there are few things you can do to change these people. Therefore, it is best to let them make mistakes until they mature.
The alternative is to resolve conflicts whenever they ask you, but this will bring you problems that you do not deserve to live.