Because of different injuries or illnesses that we may suffer at a certain moment, our body begins to notify us through pains that we present in specific areas where the deterioration of health is found.
For this reason, whenever we are sick, our body is responsible for notifying us that something is wrong. Thus, we must pay attention, as it is affecting the functionality of some organs, joints, bones, muscles or other areas.
In this opportunity, we will deepen a little of the affections and pathologies that can cause pains in your back.
But what is the back? This area is located on the back of the body and extends from the neck and shoulders to the waist. Its size is defined by the spine (for the height) and the thoracic cage (to determine its width).
The back plays a very important role: thanks to this, the upper part of the body can be maintained in both resting and moving modes. It also allows the center of gravity to be maintained at all times.
In addition, it also covers and protects the spinal cord with a bone wrap.
Things you should know about back pain
Back pain is one of the most common conditions in humans. This can be acute or chronic, that is, it can be a pain that disappears after a week, or it can last up to more than three months.
Likewise, a back pain can heal without needing to know its cause. If its origin is not a major problem, it can be treated with hot and cold compresses or other anti-inflammatory medications.
What are the problems that cause back pain?
Next, we will mention some of the problems that affect you and directly cause pain in your back:
1. Prostate cancer
This disease is the cause of back pain, as it can pinch the 5th lumbar vertebra.
- In addition, causes low back pain with an inclination to the right area.
- There may also be cases of sacroileitis, which is the inflammation of the sacroiliac joint, which joins the final part of the spine with the sides of the pelvis.
The pain is accentuated in this type of affections due to the contractions that exist between the uterus and colic.
- It also occurs as a result of scar tissue that forms after damage by endometriosis.
- If the damages are internal, we can present pain in the chest or back.
You can relieve it with the help of medicines and a hot water bath to relax the muscles of the back.
This is a very pronounced deviation of the column towards the sides. For this reason, among its symptoms highlights back pain.
- This can be very intense or resemble the back pain that a person with normal curvature would suffer.
4. Low back pain
This causes pain in the back, since it occurs after a strain of some ligament or muscle of the back.
- It can also appear as a result of a microscopic tearing of the same.
- It originates when a sudden movement is made, when improperly lifting a heavy object or by a bad stretch.
The pain may be brief or become so strong that it is impossible for you to move.
This can cause the annoying and intense back pain caused by continuous fractures of the vertebrae or spine.
- This disease can develop for years asymptomatically.
- Over time, it can become very painful for those who suffer from it.
Take care of your body to prevent back pain and avoid any of these problems.