Carpal tunnel syndrome is a disorder that affects the median nerve of the wrist and compromises the sensitivity and movement of the entire hand. When we have inflammation in this area, the nerve suffers the consequences and presents symptoms such as pain, difficulty of movement, weakness or tingling.In this article we share some remedies to relieve carpal tunnel and reduce inflammation. With natural ingredients such as Arnica, turmeric or clay we can improve this syndrome without having to take medication.
7 Remedies To Relieve Carpal Tunnel
1. Arnica Gel
One of the most practical remedies to use topically in the area affected by carpal tunnel syndrome is Arnica . This yellow flower stands out for its high anti-inflammatory power . For this reason, the gels and creams of this plant are an ideal remedy for all types of injuries.
Arnica is a common remedy among athletes seeking alternatives to conventional anti-inflammatories . In fact, we can find different products based on Arnica: homeopathy, tincture, gel, oil, cream, etc.
2. Remedy Using Turmeric, Pepper and Olive oil
The combination of the root of turmeric , black pepper and olive oil is increasingly popular to treat all kinds of inflammations and pains, among other virtues. The ideal would be to take it as one of the remedies to relieve carpal tunnel and, at the same time, apply it in the affected area .
- 3 tablespoons of turmeric powder (30 g)
- 3 teaspoons of black pepper powder (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
Preparation and use
- Mix all three ingredients.
- As an oral remedy, we can take a teaspoon half an hour before each meal.
- As a topical remedy, we will apply it on the wrist as an anti-inflammatory lotion .
3. Clay Plaster
The clay is one of the oldest remedies to relieve any inflammation. In addition, it is very easy to apply over the carpal tunnel area. We should only bear in mind that we should not use utensils or metal or plastic containers.
Clay has anti-inflammatory and re-mineralizing properties . At the same time that we calm the pain we also contribute a large amount of nutrients to accelerate the recovery and regeneration of the tissues.
4. Avocado Oil
The oil of this excellent fruit has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and moisturizing properties thanks to its high content of vitamins and other nutrients. In this sense, we can use it as one of the remedies to relieve carpal tunnel and also to nourish the skin and hair.
For greater effectiveness, we recommend massaging the affected area with the slightly hot oil . We can also use the avocado seed itself to perform the massage.
5. Aloevera Gel
Aloevera is the remedy for everything. The gelatinous substance that is extracted from the long and narrow leaves of this plant is very effective to treat inflammations, burns , wounds, infections and all kinds of skin disorders .
- We can apply the pure Aloevera gel or combine it with one of the previous remedies, such as Arnica or avocado oil. In this way we multiply your benefits.
- We can extract it from the plant ourselves or buy it as natural as possible.
6. Chamomile Compress
A home remedy that we all have at our fingertips are chamomile compresses . This flower has the virtue of reducing inflammation and soothing pain gently but effectively.
- We only have to prepare a concentrated infusion of chamomile and apply it on the affected area by means of compresses or gauze.
- We could also use, as an alternative, chamomile essential oil combined with aloe vera or avocado oil.
7. Cabbage Plaster
Finally, we present a natural remedy, homemade and very economical. We will only need leaves of cabbage, a vegetable with a great anti-inflammatory power that has been used since ancient times to relieve pain at the topical level.
How do we do it?
- We can scald the cabbage leaf in boiling water for a few seconds or crush it a bit so that it releases its nutrients.
- Apply the leaf on the wrist area.
- Wrap it with one or two fabrics to absorb excess moisture.
- Leave on for half an hour.
- Repeat two or three times a day until complete relief is achieved.