Diabetic foot ulcers are lesions in the form of sores that appear as a consequence of the affectations caused by high glucose on the vessels, nerves and epithelial tissue.
It is a common condition among those who suffer from diabetes and, in fact, due to the complications involved, is related to the cases of amputations that are usually practiced in these patients.
Although at first they are painless and do not represent major annoyance, it is essential to provide them with an opportune treatment to avoid infections and problems of greater care.
Fortunately, in addition to medical treatments, there are natural remedies that can help speed up recovery without causing adverse effects.
In the next space we want to share in detail the best 5 so do not hesitate to apply them if you face this condition.
1. Aloe vera and tea tree oil
By combining the prodigious aloe vera gel with tea tree essential oil we can obtain an antimicrobial, healing and anti-inflammatory product to promote the relief of diabetic foot ulcers.
Its regular application protects the affected area against infections and helps heal injured tissues.
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (75 g)
- 6 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Extract the fresh aloe vera gel and mix it with the tea tree essential oil.
- Wash the feet, dry them carefully and apply the treatment on the affected areas.
- Let it work all night, without rinsing.
- Repeat your application every day.
2. Calendula infusion
Because of its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, calendula flowers can be used as a complement to cure injuries caused by diabetic foot.
Its external use accelerates the healing of ulcers and decreases the risk of infections and serious ailments.
- 3 tablespoons of calendula flowers (30 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Boil the cups of water and, when they boil, add the calendula flowers.
- Let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes and pour the liquid into a container.
- Immerse the feet in the infusion for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment every night before going to bed.
3. Infusion of ginkgo biloba
The infusion of ginkgo biloba is ideal to improve circulation in the lower part of the body, including the feet.
This quality is what helps us to improve the situation in case of ulcers, promoting its healing in a short time.
- 1 tablespoon of ginkgo biloba (10 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Add the tablespoon of ginkgo biloba in a cup of boiling water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Eat a cup of infusion mid-morning and, if you like, repeat your consumption in the afternoon.
4. Sea salt
The baths with sea salt help accelerate the recovery of the skin affected by ulcers and, incidentally, exerts an antiseptic effect that helps reduce the risk of infections.
Its essential minerals reduce inflammation and optimize circulation to achieve rapid relief of this kind of injuries.
- 6 tablespoons of sea salt (60 g)
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
- Pour the cups of water in a basin and add the tablespoons of sea salt.
- Dip the feet in the solution and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat the remedy at least 3 times a week.
5. Coconut oil and vitamin E
The massages with a natural cream of coconut oil and vitamin E help us improve the circulation in the feet while we give a plus of hydration to your skin.
These ingredients have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that, incidentally, help us to avoid infections on ulcers and cuts.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (45 g)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- Combine coconut oil with the contents of a vitamin E capsule.
- Take a small amount of the product and rub it with gentle massages on the feet.
- Let it work without rinsing and repeat its use every night.
- The application of these natural remedies can help prevent and treat diabetic foot ulcers; However, in the face of these injuries, it is essential to consult the doctor and follow his recommendations.
While natural products promote healing, it is necessary to monitor the problem with the help of a professional, as this can determine if complications can occur.