The Quinoa is very well known in South America, especially in Peru where it originated, but for his many contributions to health, as its facility to be combined in the kitchen; they have made it ideal for making recipes with quinoa that will fascinate you.
If you still do not know what quinoa is about, do not worry. We will explain everything you need to know about this cereal, and we will also give you the tools to prepare delicious recipes with quinoa at home.
It is used from the preparation of bread, making stews and soups, as a nutritional supplement. And it is that the benefits that contribute to your health are considerable, for this reason, it is considered the fashionable food.
But in order to be fair, we will first show you what quinoa is and what implications it has for you. As we have already explained at the beginning of this article, quinoa comes from South America; specifically from Peru, it is a cereal and it is also gluten-free.
This is not a minor detail because it has much healthier uses when preparing it in combination with other ingredients. Remember that recipes with quinoa can be used both in for sweet as well as salty foods.
This cereal has the characteristic of having elements of the seeds and the group of cereals. Therefore, it provides dynamism at the time of its use in the kitchen, not limited to a specific type of food.
The nutritive load it contains is also remarkable. For every 100 grams of quinoa, there are approximately 16 proteins, making it a truly worthy food. Some consider it the ” fashion superfood“, and here we will show you why.
Some properties of quinoa consumption are the ones you have below:
- Controls cholesterol levels.
- It works as an antioxidant.
- It is a frequent food for high-performance athletes.
- Ideal for people with celiac disease.
- It helps to give strength to the hair structure.
- It keeps the skin hydrated.
- It slows down the appearance of migraines.
- You have already seen its implications, benefits, and highlights in the health of the body. Now it’s time to discover how to use it in the kitchen and fascinate yourself when preparing these simple and delicious recipes with quinoa.
Recipes with quinoa to prepare
3 practical ways of fascination when cooking
1. Quinoa with vegetables
The quinoa with vegetables is the favorite option for those who want a fairly complete dish, with nutritional and perfect contributions to combine a healthy diet with practicality and taste.
- 225 gr. of quinoa
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 125 gr. of mushrooms
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1 clove garlic
- 125 gr- of Swiss chard
- 1/2 liter of vegetable broth
- 150 gr. of grated cheese
- You should wash the quinoa using tap water in a colander. Once cleaned, drain and boil in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Peel and wash the carrot, then slice it into slices. Cut the aubergine, slice the mushrooms in the form of slices next to the chard.
- Cut the onion into small pieces, then remove a clove of garlic and add it.
- Use a skillet over medium heat with a little oil and start sautéing the vegetables together, until they have a golden color. Add salt and pepper and let it cook little by little.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well today. Then let it cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently. After the time, turn off and remove.
2. Quinoa with chicken
This dish is very balanced and delicious, it will provide you with lots of fiber, proteins, and vitamins. It is also quite simple to prepare, being the ideal option to eat as a main meal.
- 200 gr. of quinoa
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 eggs
- Soy sauce
- Start by washing the quinoa well to release all the starch it contains. Place it in a colander, use plenty of water and, once clean; drain
- In a pot with water, add salt to taste and start to boil for 15 minutes, then add the quinoa. Once cooked, let it rest, then pass it through the sieve, let it rest for a moment.
- Cut the onions and peppers, then add a little oil in a pan and bring to a simmer. Beat the eggs on a plate with some salt and pour them into the pan.
- Carefully cut the chicken breasts into strips and season with a little salt to taste. Then, add the chicken to the pan with a little oil and let it brown, do not cook it at all.
- Remove the chicken and add the onion and the cut peppers. Use more oil if necessary. Let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Crush some garlic in the mortar with ginger and spices, mix well afterward. Add this seasoning to the pan next to the vegetables and add soy sauce.
- Add the quinoa to the pan and the chicken pieces. Lower the heat and stir well, leaving everything mixed to cook for 5 minutes
- Once ready, turn off the fire, let it rest and go.
3. Quinoa with yogurt
This delicious dessert is a wonderful alternative for those cravings that we know that tend to frequent you. It is a versatile food and very quick to prepare. Enjoy preparing and tasting this delicious yogurt.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Strawberries or your favorite fruit to taste
- 30 gr. of nuts
- Extra dried fruit to taste
- We will have to cook the quinoa before using it in this preparation, so the first thing you have to do is wash it in a colander under the tap water while stirring carefully with your hands.
- Fill a pot with water, and place over high heat. When it starts to boil, add the quinoa and let it cook for about 15 minutes until its size has doubled.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the area of the stem. You can also add other fruits to your quinoa with yogurt, for example, kiwi, apple, orange, pineapple or apricots are ideal options.
- Select the nuts and the rest of the nuts that you want to add to your mix, you can choose raisins, pineapples, etc. In a bowl mix quinoa with yogurt and spoonful of honey, stirring well so that all the cereal is well impregnated.
- Add the fruits and nuts, stir carefully with a spoon and you can enjoy this tasty quinoa with yogurt, a perfect choice for breakfast, snack or dessert. We told you, I was going to fascinate you.