In the search to maintain a healthy and balanced weight, many refrains from eating before going to bed at night although they feel a strong desire to do so. While it is true that during the rest period the metabolism is slower, it is not advisable to go to bed hungry. This situation can lead to later binge eating and, sometimes, produces digestive symptoms that prevent reaching a restful sleep.
In fact, it is allowed to eat some snacks before bed, which, even, complement the diet and induce rest. Of course, they are not recipes made with flours, fats or sugars. The key when eating before bed is to opt for light foods but with a significant nutritional contribution. Also, these foods can be combined easily, so they are not boring.
1. Banana with nuts, a good option to eat before bed
A light banana snack with nuts can control nighttime hunger and, in turn, reduce gastric acidity and heartburn. These delicious foods are an important source of amino acids such as tryptophan which, among other things, helps to prevent insomnia.
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts.
- Tritura half ripe banana and mix with the chopped nuts.
- Eat the sandwich 30 minutes before going to bed.
2. Warm milk with cinnamon
Of course, if you want to maintain a healthy weight, you should opt for low-fat, nonfat or non-lactose milk. When cinnamon is added, it benefits the metabolism and digestion, so it is a good snack to eat before sleeping.
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional).
- Heat half a cup of milk and, when warm, add cinnamon.
- Enjoy the drink 20 or 30 minutes before going to bed.
3. Yogurt with oatmeal
The low-fat natural yogurt combined with oatmeal gives us a delicious and satisfying snack, ideal to go to rest without feeling hungry. Both ingredients benefit the digestive health, protect the intestinal flora and, additionally, help to conciliate the dream.
- ½ cup of low-fat natural yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Mix half a cup of plain yogurt with a spoonful of oatmeal.
- If you like, you can liquefy it so that everything is well integrated.
- Eat this sandwich 30 minutes before going to sleep.
4. Greek yogurt with blueberries
This healthy dessert is full of essential amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants and other wide variety of nutrients that give benefits to your health. It helps to stop the anxiety for food and, thanks to its probiotic compounds, yogurt is ideal to protect the intestinal flora and immune health. Therefore, it is a good option to eat before bed.
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt.
- 4 frozen blueberries.
- Put the Greek yogurt in the blender and mix it with the frozen cranberries.
- Enjoy this snack when you feel hungry before going to sleep.
5. Whole grain cereal with almond milk
Although cereal consumption is recommended for breakfast, it should not be ruled out as a healthy snack for moments of nighttime anxiety. Your calorie intake is light, so it does not represent a risk to gain weight; In addition, it provides fiber and nutrients that benefit digestion.
- ½ cup of whole grain.
- ½ cup of almond milk
- Put the whole grain in a bowl and mix it with the almond milk.
- Eat the sandwich 30 or 40 minutes before going to sleep.
6. Peach and apple smoothie
Preparing a shake is a healthy and quick way to stop the anxiety of eating that usually appears in the moments before going to bed. They are low in calories, contain antioxidants and amino acids, and many of the recipes help stimulate detoxification processes. In this case, we propose one of peach and apple that, in addition to all this, improves the quality of sleep.
- 2 peaches
- 1 apple.
- 1 small bunch of mint.
- ½ cup of water
- Wash, peel and chop the fruits in several pieces.
- Incorporate the ingredients in the blender, including the mint and water, and process it for a few moments.
- After obtaining a homogeneous drink, serve it without brewing.
- Take the drink 20 or 30 minutes before going to bed.
Yes, you can eat before going to bed. You just have to look for light alternatives, moderate the quantities and try not to eat and go immediately to bed. The best thing is to eat at least 30 minutes before going to bed.