The lungs are organs that work tirelessly to give us, through breathing, the oxygen we need to live. In turn, they expel, through expiration, a waste of metabolism that we know as carbon dioxide.
Their functions go beyond what we imagine, since, among other things, they also filter toxins, microorganisms and a wide variety of harmful particles that manage to enter the body through the respiratory tract.
However, as with other vital organs, they are continually exposed to diseases and difficulties in lung function, especially when the person leads an unhealthy lifestyle.
Luckily, there are ways to detoxify them naturally, providing them with the nutrients they need to keep their tissues healthy and active.
One of the methods consists in increasing the consumption of some organic foods that, due to their properties, facilitate their purification.
Then we share in detail the 6 best so you do not stop incorporating them into your diet.
Due to its concentration of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds, onion is one of the foods that, traditionally, have been used as a complement to improve lung and respiratory health.
- It serves to detoxify the lungs, helping to eliminate toxins that interfere with proper lung function.
- Its vitamins and minerals protect cells against the effects of oxidative stress and, among other things, improve defenses.
- It is ideal to fight bacterial and viral infections since it strengthens the immune system.
Although it should not be consumed in excessive amounts, ginger can be added to the diet as a supplement to promote detoxification of the lungs.
- Its properties are attributed to its concentration of gingerol, an active compound with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action, capable of inhibiting the negative effects of free radicals.
- It contains vitamins, minerals and essential oils that help to purify the lungs, decreasing the impact of toxins on their tissues.
- It is antibacterial and antiviral, so it helps prevent and treat some common respiratory infections.
3. Cayenne pepper
Moderate consumption of cayenne pepper has interesting effects on lung function, not only because it protects the respiratory tract, but because it deflates and detoxifies.
- It contains a substance known as capsaicin, an active compound that, in addition to its spicy flavor, gives it anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and vasodilator properties.
- It helps improve blood circulation and, due to this, optimizes the process of cellular oxygenation.
- It reduces the irritation of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract and fights infections.
- It acts as a bronchodilator, which improves breathing in cases of bronchitis and respiratory difficulties.
Pomegranates are fruits filled with antioxidants, vitamins and essential minerals whose assimilation promotes the purification of the lungs and respiratory passages.
- Its natural juice is a known detoxifying remedy, recommended to eliminate toxins and metal particles that are filtered in the respiratory system.
- Its significant contribution of vitamins A and C strengthens the immune system, which reduces the risk of colds, flu and other infections that compromise lung health.
- It helps to minimize the impact of free radicals, favoring the protection of cells against cancer.
Apples are recommended fruits for those who decide to stop smoking since their nutrients help to purify the lungs and, in turn, control the withdrawal syndrome.
- Rich in vitamins A, C, and E, are fruits with an antioxidant effect that improve lung function.
- They contain water, essential minerals and natural fibers that, together, hydrate the tissues and help maintain a balance of inflammatory processes.
Pumpkin is a nutrient rich in high-quality nutrients that, after assimilating into the body, helps protect cells and tissues.
- It stands out for its high contribution of beta-carotene, vitamin E and vitamin C, necessary to protect the lungs against the attacks of pathogens and toxins.
- It has diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties that help balance the level of tissue inflammation, avoiding obstructive disorders.
It helps improve immune functions, which is key to preventing lung damage and respiratory infections.
Do you have trouble breathing? Are you congested and feel the airways irritated? If you feel that your lungs have difficulty working normally, increase the consumption of these foods and take advantage of their properties.