The skin reddened by the sun is a fairly common problem, especially in the summer. At this time it is usual to go out to the beach or take a walk and forget to use sunblock.
However, this problem may also appear during the winter. Yes, tough you do not believe it. You can go for a walk with the cold weather in the morning and that, in the middle of the day, the sun is strong.
Many times we think that this season of the year does not represent any similar risk. However, in case you have gone through the sun, follow these remedies to fight sunburned skin.
1. Papaya and honey
This is a very effective and fast mask when it comes to eliminating skin that is reddened by the sun.
The papaya is a fruit that transmits cold so you will immediately feel fresher and with the skin Deflated. That same cold will reduce redness in a few minutes.
Honey protects your skin, softens it and adds shine. This is perfect because the sun usually reduces hydration and causes dryness.
- 1 slice of papaya
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey (50 g)
- Peel the slice of papaya and mash with a fork.
- Add the honey and combine
- Apply on skin reddened by the sun.
- Cover with a soft towel or blanket.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and rinse with fresh water.
In case you feel very dry skin, you can apply a moisturizer. Otherwise, honey and papaya already provide all the necessary hydration.
2. Aloe vera and tomato
Tomatoes are exceptional to fight sun-blushed skin, from inside and outside.
Its carotenes make it an exceptional food to avoid premature aging. In case you have already burned, its high amount of water and nutrients will help reduce redness and burning.
In turn, aloe vera gel softens, moisturizes and repairs damage. For this reason, aloe vera is often used to reduce burning. In this case, we will combine both to increase the effectiveness.
- 1 small tomato or ½ large tomato
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- Grind the tomato in a bowl until it forms a paste.
- Add the gel and mix very well.
- Apply on clean skin and cover with a towel to prevent run-off.
- Let it rest until you stop feeling the refreshing effect.
- Rinse with fresh water.
You can finish by applying a little aloe vera gel to moisturize.
3. Saffron and milk
Saffron is an ingredient rich in antioxidants and milk provides softness and moisture. Together, you can create a mask that softens, repairs damage and moisturizes.
The only problem with this remedy can be the cost. Although milk is very cheap, saffron can be expensive depending on where you live. Still, it’s worth trying this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of saffron (2 g)
- 1 spoonful of whole milk (10 ml)
- In a mortar, place the saffron and grind.
- Add the milk and combine until you get a paste.
- Apply on dry skin and let stand until the mixture dries.
- Rinse with warm water.
4. Cucumber and potato
Did you just discover that your skin is reddened by the sun, it is night, and you have not done the shopping? We have all been in this case, and we know that dealing with redness can be a nightmare.
Luckily, you may have a piece of potato and a cucumber in your refrigerator. If so, take advantage of its moisturizing and refreshing properties.
- ¼ large potato
- ¼ cucumber without seeds
- Process the two ingredients until you get a paste.
- Apply on your skin without leaving aside the juice.
- Rest until all the juice dries.
- Remove and wash well with fresh water.
5. Yogurt and turmeric
Another economic remedy and with many benefits. We have talked before about the benefits of yogurt, so you already know that it is moisturizing and regenerating. In turn, turmeric combats the damage caused by the sun.
- 1 spoonful of turmeric powder (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of natural yogurt (5 g)
- Mix the two ingredients.
- Apply to the reddened skin and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm or cool water and apply a moisturizer.
Final tips to avoid skin reddened by the sun
With these tricks, you’re sure to get rid of the redness and burning in a few minutes. However, there are some tips you can follow to avoid the problem:
- Always remember sunblock. Yes, even if you feel that the weather is very cold or it looks very cloudy.
- What you should not forget about the sun is that the sun’s rays can pass through clothes and clouds. This means that, even if you do not feel them, they are always there.
- Your sunscreen must have a minimum of 15 FPS. This degree of the factor is enough to protect you. You will discover that it is the most common and that most body and facial creams contain it.