Knowing the foods that we take to the mouth is the most effective way to be able to assimilate the nutrients they contain. Eating is not food. So says a popular saying and, in terms of nutrients and assimilation, is right. Although we usually get the nutrients we need through the types of food we eat, we must know how to classify them.
We should consume in a balanced way all the groups, know how to cook the food so as not to waste the vitamins and caloric contributions they have. Fire, for example, is a clear indicator to evaluate how and what we take to the moment of eating. While we usually consume all kinds of foods, it is also true that cooking them incorrectly can make those we ingest lose nutritional value.
Therefore we must know how to use the different methods of cooking very well. Thus, among the healthy options, we have steamed, sautéed or roasted.
To load our body of more nutrients it is advisable that the foods we eat are as fresh as possible.
- So, frozen foods are not such a good choice after all.
- The same happens with the preheated ones. Remember this well.
It is true that variety must be encouraged within the diet, but when preparing food, it is preferable to avoid mixing many types of food. A poor combination can make digestion a significant problem, as well as losing almost all nutritional value for the body.
Once this summary of food, nutrients and how to enhance your capacity for assimilation, take note of this list of foods that will help you when you nourish yourself healthily.
5 Important Nutrient Foods To Improve Your Assimilation
1. Use garlic
Garlic is a food with many health benefits. From strengthening the defenses to helping us lower cholesterol.
Seasoning foods with low salt and abundant garlic have nutritional properties very suitable for health:
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Fights the risk of heart disease
- Creates immunity to bacteria that can make you sick
2. Broccoli is detoxifying
Broccoli produces enzymes that detoxify those foods with carcinogenic elements, so it can be helpful to avoid cancer.
It also contains minerals (potassium, calcium), fiber, folic acid and beta-carotenes that protect the sight and effect of free radicals on neurons.
- If it is to your liking you can prepare the broccoli with a great salad, since not everyone likes its flavor by itself.
Blueberries contain antioxidant flavonoids that prevent cardiovascular complications, cancer development, as well as memory loss and eye problems.
- They contain polyphenols that reduce the development of adipose cells.
- So, things help us control body weight, which is a great public health malady these days.
4. Increase consumption of bluefish
Bluefish, such as salmon, trout, sardines, and anchovies, are high in fatty acids.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for the health of the heart, the nervous system and to prevent inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.
- In addition, they have a high content of vitamins A and D.
5. Delicious oats
This is a cereal that has great benefits for the body, as it provides us with soluble fibers.
It absorbs water in food more efficiently, lowers cholesterol and improves the health of your heart.
With regard to blood sugar, oats contain complex carbohydrates that will help stabilize glucose levels in the bloodstream.
You can prepare a glass of oatmeal in the morning, just as you can drink the water from it.
- 1 cup oats (105 g)
- 4 cups water (1 liter)
- Add the oats in the water and let it sit all night.
- The next morning he drains the liquid and consumes a glass of it on an empty stomach.
This way you will also favor the loss of weight.