Spinach is a vegetable that is cultivated for its leaves, nutritious and exquisite. They are made up of water, fats, and carbohydrates.
It has antioxidant properties, is rich in vitamins A and C and fiber, especially in the area of stems, and also contains minerals.
It also provides good calories and fat.
Typically, two types of spinach are grown: those of summer that have smooth seeds and those of winter that have spiny seeds with the most lobulated leaves.
Thanks to these we can enjoy spinach all year round.
- They promote the transport of oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
- They increase the strength in the muscles.
- They help you lose weight thanks to your low calorie and a lot of nutrients.
- They improve intestinal transit.
- They bring us energy and vitality.
- They reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease due to its antioxidant properties.
- They have a lot of folic acid.
- They improve vision.
- They maintain in balance the arterial pressure thanks to its contribution of magnesium and potassium.
If you did not have time to prepare something to eat, this recipe is your best option. The spinach cream is not only easy to prepare, it is also rich and nutritious.
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter (40 g)
- 5 cups chicken broth (1250 ml)
- 1 cup cream cheese (200 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- First, cut the onions into small pieces.
- Then pour the butter into a frying pan and add the onion.
- When the onion is lightly browned add the spinach washed and disinfected. Cook until they become dark green.
- Subsequently, add the mixture in the blender and add the chicken broth and cream cheese and process for a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Surimi salad with spinach
Undoubtedly, a nutritious and diuretic dish is the salad, because it contains fibro, few calories and, in addition, provides hydration to the organism.
- 5 bunches of spinach
- 3 sticks of surimi (crab sticks)
- ½ cup cream cheese (100 g)
- 1 handle
- 1 tablespoon sesame (10 g)
- First, wash and disinfect the spinach. Reservation.
- Cut the handle into a small box. Also cut the spinach, surimi and cream cheese.
- Then mix all the ingredients.
- To conclude, pour the tablespoon of sesame and ready to serve.
Who does not love the cakes? Even the little ones fall into their nets. With this recipe, they will not even notice that they are eating vegetables.
For the mass:
- 2 cup flour (250 g)
- 1 cup butter (200 g)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cold water (20 ml)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (32 g)
For the filling:
- Spinach (500 g)
- ¾ cup cream cheese (150 g)
- 2 large eggs and a yolk
- 3 Greek yogurts (375 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (15 g)
- ½ cup feta cheese (100 g)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- First, pass the flour through a strainer and add the salt.
- Then add the butter with your fingers to give it texture.
- Then add the yolk and water to start kneading.
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C.
- Wrap it in foil and put it in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Now fill the mold with oil and place the cake.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, pour the beaten egg white and lower the temperature to 180 ° C.
For the filling
- First, wash and disinfect the spinach.
- Then beat the cream cheese.
- Mix the cream cheese with the 2 eggs and the yolk.
- Then add the yogurts and parmesan cheese.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spinach and pour the mixture over the dough.
- Then cut the feta cheese into small dice and the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put the feta cheese and the tomatoes on top.
- Finally, bake for 30 minutes and enjoy the delicious dish.
The gratin allows our dishes to acquire a toasting on the surface that gives a unique touch. If you also combine it with the juice of the spinach, the result is simply spectacular.
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 2 tomatoes
- ¼ onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup roasted cheese (100 g)
- 1 cube of tomato soup
- ½ cup water (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 g)
- The first thing you have to do is liquefy the tomato with the onion.
- Add one of the garlic, the consommé and the water to a broth.
- Then pour the olive oil in a frying pan, chop the other garlic and the onion.
- After frying, the mixture for 4 minutes, add the chopped tomato and stew for 5 minutes.
- Subsequently, add the first broth and let boil 5 minutes more.
- In a bowl pour the sauce and put a layer of spinach with cheese.
- Similarly, return sauce and another layer of spinach and cheese to fill the container.
- Cover with aluminum and put on the stove to simmer to melt the cheese.
- If you wish, when serving you can accompany it with rice.
Banana and spinach
Milkshakes are great for starting the day and having the energy for our activities. They also promote good digestion and purify the body.
- 1 banana
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 1 cup almond milk (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 8 ice cubes
- First, place the banana and spinach in the blender jar and add the almond milk.
- Then add the tablespoon of honey.
- Then beat until creamy and thick.
- Finally, add the ice cubes and enjoy.