As you can guess from the name, the red wine vinegar is made of red wine. The final product is acidic and non-alcoholic in nature. It is often used in marinades and salad dressings and contains certain nutrients. Red wine vinegar has some very good properties and can provide many health benefits. To your surprise, there are many health benefits of red wine vinegar.
Red Wine Vinegar Health Benefits
1. It Has Properties To Fight Cancer
The red wine vinegar contains Resveratrol. This plant-based substance is also found in different berries and is known to reduce the growth of tumor cells. It is also a good source of antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Polyphenols are known to repair cells damaged by environmental factors.
2. Red Wine Vinegar Contains Many Nutrients
Most of the health benefits of red wine vinegar are due to its high content of certain nutrients. It contains many minerals and vitamins.
- It is a good source of iron that is required to maintain a healthy hemoglobin level. Low iron intake can cause anemia. Taking the right iron can correct it and can improve the fatigue and fatigue associated with it.
- It also has a lot of vitamin C, which is essential for iron absorption. It is also known that vitamin C stimulates immunity, repairs cell damage and protects the cardiovascular system.
3. Promotes Weight Loss
If you are looking for a way to shed extra kilos or want to get rid of food cravings, incorporate red wine vinegar into your diet. It has acetic acid that reduces the levels of a ghrelin hormone. Ghrelin makes you feel hungry and if the levels are low you will not feel like eating. If you are not very hungry, you are likely to eat less. When you do not want food and avoid binge eating, your weight will not increase. With a healthy diet, you can reach your ideal weight.
4. Improves digestion
It is common practice in Asian countries to dilute and aromatize different types of vinegar and drink this mixture after or between meals. They claim that it improves digestion. Scientific studies have proven the fact that red wine vinegar makes you feel fuller soon and avoids abrupt spikes in blood glucose levels. These properties make it an ideal choice for better digestion, weight loss, and constant blood glucose levels.
5. It decreases the aging process
One of the best health benefits of red wine vinegar is its ability to slow down the aging process. The red wine vinegar is made of different types of wine and contains anthocyanins. These are responsible for coloring the grapes and are very effective in reducing wrinkles. They diminish the aging process and make the skin look younger and firmer.
6. Help Control Diabetes
In diabetes, blood glucose levels become abnormally high. This results in an increase in thirst, a greater frequency of urination and the person feel hungry and lethargic. There are serious metabolic alterations and can lead to many life-threatening complications. Before the discovery of antidiabetic drugs, vinegar was used to treat the symptoms. Research has shown that adding vinegar to carbohydrates reduces your glycemic index. If a person eats a sweet and takes a little red wine vinegar with it, the blood glucose level will be lower than the level reached without taking vinegar with the candy. Many diabetic diet tables include red wine vinegar for better glycemic control.
7. Improves The Absorption Of Calcium
Calcium is essential for healthy bones and dairy products contain a lot of calcium. Many daily foods such as caffeine reduce the absorption of calcium. The red wine vinegar promotes the absorption of calcium and is shown by an experiment performed on animals. They were given calcium and vinegar solution and the calcium absorption rate increased by 40% after one month.
8. Reduce Cholesterol Levels
Cholesterol is bad for your heart. It is known that high cholesterol levels block arteries and increase the risk of heart attack or stroke. Red wine vinegar has absolutely no cholesterol and helps reduce the levels of cholesterol and other bad fats in the blood. People who take vinegar and olive oil are less likely to develop heart disease and many scientific studies have confirmed this fact.
9. Benefits of Red Wine On Skin And Hair
You do not necessarily have to drink red wine vinegar if you want to take advantage of its ability to improve your skin and hair. You can apply it on your skin. It can balance the pH of the skin and can improve its texture and quality. Its anti-aging properties also make the skin look young and firm. If you have skin irritation, it can help calm you down. For inflatable and shiny hair, use it as a conditioner after shampooing and rinse after a while. This will make your hair more manageable and healthy.
10. Fights Germs
The acidic content of red wine vinegar makes it effective against a variety of germs. It has been found to be particularly useful against foodborne pathogens such as E. coli and S. Typhimurium and can help eliminate these during food preparation. For instance, a study found that treating rocket leaves with a mixture of vinegar and lemon juice for 15 minutes reduced the presence of S. Typhimurium to an undetectable level.
Ways to use red wine vinegar
If you want to enjoy the health benefits of red wine vinegar, you can add it to many recipes. Here are some ways to make it part of your daily diet:
- Use it instead of common vinegar in your marinating recipes. It will make the meat more tender and add an extra depth of flavor. You can use it for fish, chicken or veal. You can also try and add it to meat sauces or any other sauce that requires an acid taste.
- Mix it with a little olive oil and herbs and get the perfect salad dressing. Your boring salad plate will taste more fun and fruity when red wine vinegar is added.
- Instead of using common vinegar to make pickles, use red wine vinegar. The gherkin will have a different flavor and you will get additional health benefits.
- Add a little red wine vinegar to your bread dough or meringues and they will rise much better.
- You can make a delicious vinaigrette.
- Add a tablespoon of red wine vinegar tea while cooking vegetables. This will improve your color.
- If you think a dish has a mild flavor, add a little red wine vinegar to improve the flavors.