Unlike natural energy drinks, industrial energy drinks are not a healthy option. This is because they are rich in sugar. They are high in sodium and other substances that do not provide nutrients to the body but empty calories.
Health professionals have warned about the number of risks involved in its consumption. For our part, we propose an alternative: prepare your natural energy drinks at home with healthy ingredients.
The consumption of natural beverages is a trend that joins the programs aimed at improving lifestyle habits through diet and sports.
Energy drinks work against the feeling of fatigue, discouragement, and physical weakness. They are known as isotonic, only those that allow replacing the body fluids lost during physical activity. These types of drinks are usually ingested by athletes, especially those with high performance.
Commercial presentations of energy beverages are composed primarily of artificial stimulants. Its high concentration of caffeine, glucose, and taurine, among other components, has detrimental effects.
- They can cause insomnia, nervousness, increased blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and hyperactivity.
Due to their harmful consequences, industrial beverages are dangerous in pregnant and lactating women, the elderly, and children.
Best Natural Energy Drinks Make At Home
Feel free to experiment as there are hundreds of combinations and flavors. In addition, there are many Natural energy drinks to learn how to make at home and know how beneficial they can be for your body and mind.
1. Watermelon Tea Energy Drink
Watermelon is a fruit whose juice is very refreshing and with a specific sweet flavor. For its part, the black tea becomes the energizing ingredient for its content teína. We should consume this drink as watermelon is perishable, and its sediment settles to the bottom.
- 1 bowl of watermelon cut into cubes
- glass of coconut water
- 1 lemon
- 1 small glass of black tea
- Add a little salt if you are one of those who sweat a lot or if the watermelon is not very ripe since a pinch of salt will highlight its sweet flavor.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and reserve.
- Remove the seeds from the watermelon and discard them.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth.
- Serve and consume with your breakfast or before your exercise routine.
2. Orange Energy Drink
This preparation allows you to replace body fluids. It also fights fatigue by providing a certain degree of energy due to the green tea it contains. It can be refrigerated for three days.
- 3-4 glasses of water
- 2-3 oranges squeezed
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 of a spoon of salt
- Two large tablespoons of honey
- In a glass container, pour the lemon and orange juice.
- Add the honey and stir with a spoon several times until it dissolves.
- Add the salt and repeat the procedure.
- Finally, add the green tea and stir.
- Refrigerate or add a few ice cubes when serving.
- Consume before your exercise routine.
3. Carrot And Apple Smoothie
This root, known for its multiple benefits for eyesight, hair, and skin health, is at the same time a great source of energy for our body. Making an energy drink with carrot and apple will provide high vitamin A, B1, B2, and C, among other benefits.
- 1/2 apple
- 1 cup of soy milk
- One egg yolk
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix for a few minutes.
- For a more powerful energy drink, you can add a tablespoon of honey, which will give you more energy to get you through the day.
4. Ginger And Tea Energy Drink
Lastly, ginger is a root well known for its energizing and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it has a very particular flavor that fills the palate with freshness. This drink lasts for three days when stored in the refrigerator.
- Honey (to taste)
- One teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- Water (required amount)
- 3 tablespoons of ginger root (45 g)
- 3/4 glass of concentrated green tea (150 ml)
- ½ glass of lemon juice (100 ml)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once it reaches the boiling point, add the peeled and thinly sliced ginger. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool. Then store the liquid in the refrigerator.
- The next day, use the ginger water as a base to prepare your drink.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir with a spoon several times until well incorporated.
- Serve cold.
5 Homemade Isotonic Drink
The following is the most common formula to hydrate and combat fatigue from physical activity. It is an isotonic drink, but at the same time energetic. It can keep up to five days in the refrigerator.
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- The juice of 2 grapefruits or oranges
- 2 tablespoons of honey or sweetener (30 g)
- Optional: 1 banana
- Extract the juice from the oranges or grapefruits. You don’t need to strain it, but you do have to discard the seeds.
- In the blender, add all the ingredients and process until you get a smooth drink.
- Test to make sure if it has been well of flavor, and in case you consider that it lacks sweetness, add the banana and process again.
- Serve and drink before doing your exercise routine.
6 Banana Smoothie
The benefits of bananas are many. It contains nutrients such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and several vitamins. This makes it an ally for the health of your heart, improves the digestive system, and strengthens the bones.
- 4 bananas
- lettuce leaves
- 3 cups of water.
- skim milk (optional)
- To make a banana smoothie, blend 4 bananas with some lettuce leaves and 3 cups of water.
- If you want something thicker, you can swap a little water for skim milk.
7 Coconut Water
This natural health drink is perfect for recharging energy while we do some physical activity. In addition to its energizing and hydrating properties, coconut water is a low-calorie drink. It does not contain fat, making it ideal for when you are on a diet.
The best thing about this option is that it does not take any preparation. So by itself, it already has many benefits for your body. Likewise, you can mix it with a bit of honey or use it in your favorite fruit juice.
8 Ginger Water
Well known in medicine and parapharmacy. Natural anti-inflammatory helps with respiratory diseases, digestive problems, and vitamins, essential oils, minerals, and antioxidants. It improves blood flow, fights dizziness, is a natural antidepressant, effective against colds and flu, etc.
- 1 medium ginger root.
- 1 liter of water.
- Liquid stevia.
- Cut the ginger into thin slices and put them in a pot with water.
- Bring the water to a boil and wait 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the liquid stevia (to taste) and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
9 Cherry Flavored Energy Drink
Cherry is a favorite fruit of many. With this, we can also make an energy drink. Here we mentioned a cherry-flavored energy drink that will rejoice you.
- 75 ml of cherry juice
- 1 glass of black tea
- 1 small lemon or 1/2 large lemon squeezed
- 2-3 large tablespoons of honey
- 800 ml of cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 small tablespoons of baking soda
- Mix the cherry juice, lemon juice, and honey in a one-liter bottle.
- Add the salt and water to fill the bottle.
- Shake vigorously until the honey has dissolved.
- Chill before drinking.
10 Kiwi And Red Fruit Smoothie
Last but not least, we conclude this part with a shake that you will like it.
Pink bottom layer:
- 1/2 banana frozen and chopped
- One medium cup of blueberries or other red fruit
- 1/2 avocado
- One large scoop of protein powder
- 1 or 2 cups of milk, depending on how much you want
Green layer above:
- 1/2 banana frozen and chopped
- One medium cup of chopped mango
- 1/2 kiwi
- 2 cups spinach leaf (or frozen if you want)
- One small scoop of protein powder
- 1 or 2 cups of milk
- First, we make the pink part that will go in the background.
- We put all the ingredients in an American mixer and beat them at high speed.
- We serve the glasses until half-filled.
- Then wash the mixer and prepare the green part that will go on top in the same way.
- Consume immediately and enjoy the energy rush.