The 57-year-old television star Wendy Williams tested positive for COVID-19. From this, her news series The Wendy Williams Show will delay until October 4.
The official Instagram page of the show reads in a statement that while continuing her health screenings, Wendy Williams tested positive for a groundbreaking case of COVID-19.
To allow Wendy for quarantine and fully recovered. And they ensure that our production complies with all SAG / AFTRA and DGA Covid protocols. There will be Wendy Williams Show on October 4, i.e., Monday. They wanted to kick off the 13th season of the show. In the meantime, we scheduled the show to repeat.
They released the statement days after Wendy Williams was seen sick and frail outside her New York apartment. The television host also canceled her public appearances because of her ongoing health problems.
Wendy Williams said in a post on an Instagram account that she was dealing with ongoing health issues and experiencing further evaluations.
She won’t be able to complete his promotional activities next week. Still, she can’t wait to get back to his purple chair on Monday, September 20, for the premiere of the thirteenth season.
She did not specify her health issues, but Wendy Williams took a break from her daytime talk show after battling Graves’ disease. And she left the show as she was very much tired of filming.
Wendy Williams was diagnosed with the disease in 2018. Her team revealed that she had been taking a break as a precautionary measure.
The team said in a statement that Wendy Williams had been dealing with Graves’ disease recently. She further said that it caused her fatigue.
When Wendy Williams consulted her doctor for a precautionary measure, the doctor suggested continuing treatment until she was off from the show.
They are looking forward to welcoming Wendy Williams soon and want to continue the Wendy@Home show. For more updates, they will announce the return date.