The chia or also known scientifically by the name of Salvia hispanica L. is a plant that is grown mainly in different regions of Central America and from which, its seeds are extracted for food use due to its flavor reminiscent of the nuts. However, chia seeds have now become a medicinal remedy for the treatment of different ailments and conditions, since it is a natural product with excellent properties for our health.
One of its most known benefits is its depurative effect, which helps us eliminate toxic substances from different areas of our body, including the colon. Therefore, in the following article, we explain how to clean your colon naturally with chia. Take note!
Nutritional composition of chia seeds
More and more people include chia seeds in their daily diet, as they have proven to be a food product with excellent benefits to improve our health in different aspects. All this is due to the following nutritional composition :
- Mucilage: Chia is a plant rich in this nutrient, a kind of soluble fiber.
- Essential fatty acids: their seeds are one of the vegetables richest in omega 3.
- Vitamins: chia is notable for its vitamin E content and those of group B (especially B9), and it also contains vitamin C and A.
- Minerals: has a high content of calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, iron and copper.
- Finally, chia is a vegetable in other nutrients such as proteins, phytosterols, acids (chlorogenic and caffeic), flavonoids and carbohydrates.
Properties and benefits of chia for health
Thanks to its richness in different nutrients, it is a plant that has numerous properties and benefits for our health. These are the properties and benefits of chia for health :
- Chia is a plant with powerful depurative properties due to its richness insoluble fiber. Thanks to this, it improves our intestinal transit and eliminates the accumulation of toxic substances both in the colon and in other parts of our body. In addition, in this way, it can help prevent colon cancer because in its purification process it eliminates nitrosamines, substances that increase the likelihood of suffering from it.
- This richness in mucilage (soluble fiber) makes this plant a good remedy to treat some digestive problems such as constipation, malfunctioning intestinal flora, and heartburn.
- It is also an excellent food for the care of our heart and to maintain good cholesterol levels. The richness in omega 3 of chia gives excellent anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic properties that are especially useful for maintaining good cardiovascular health.
- This vegetable has satiating properties that help reduce and control the appetite so it can be ideal for people who want to lose weight and, above all, in cases of obesity.
- Chia is a vegetable with excellent regulating properties of blood glucose that may be useful in some cases of diabetes. Its richness in fiber and flavonoids help control and prevent high levels of sugar.
How to Clean Your Colon Naturally With Chia
To clean your colon naturally with chia, this wonderful vegetable with so many properties, we will have to prepare chia water with its seeds. For this, you will have to have the following ingredients in your kitchen and follow these instructions:
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 liter of water
- Juice of a lemon
Preparation and treatment
- The first step to make chia water to clean the colon will be to add in a bowl the 3 tablespoons of seeds and fill it with water so that they are left to soak. Leave them in the water for 1 hour to soften them.
- While you wait for the seeds to become softer, you can prepare the lemon juice. To do this, cut two lemons in half and squeeze each of its parts in another container. We use lemon in this remedy because it is a fruit that also has excellent depurative properties for the colon.
- Once you have soaked the seeds for an hour, you will be able to verify that a kind of gel has formed. Add the liter of water in the container together with the lemon juice and stir everything very well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Do not strain the seeds, because if you do, you will reduce the purifying effects of the home remedy.
- When you have mixed everything, store the container with the remedy in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Finally, you will simply have to serve your chia water in a glass and drink it.
To notice results with chia water, you will have to drink 2 glasses a day (one fasting and another before dinner) for at least a week, until you feel better. In this way, you will be able to purge your colon of all kinds of impurities and toxic substances.