The shower can be much more practical than taking a bath when we have little time, or we just want to save water. However, the truth is that a good hot bath is something healthy that has many health properties.
Here we leave you a series of reasons why a hot bath is healthier than a shower.
1. It helps you burn calories
Believe it or not, taking a hot bath will help you burn calories.
In particular, if you do it for an hour it will allow you to burn up to 126 calories, which would be equivalent to 30 minutes walking.
2. Good for the health of your heart
Taking a hot bath is good to maintain the good health of your heart.
- A bath with fresh water for about twenty minutes will improve your circulation, reduce blood pressure and strengthen your heart function.
- That is to say, a bath of these characteristics would have the same benefit as following a healthy diet in which a large number of fruits and vegetables would be included, as well as regular exercise.
3. It is able to reduce the level of blood sugar
Something as simple as taking a hot bath will be able to reduce the blood sugar level. And is that the researchers compared the action of riding a bicycle with a hot bath.
Why? After several studies, they concluded that they reduce with the same effectiveness the level of sugar that is concentrated in the blood.
4. Purify your skin
Taking a hot bath will purify your skin. And is that thanks to water at a high temperature will get open pores, sweat and purify the skin naturally.
This effect is comparable to exercising also. In addition, if you combine the bath with masks and oils suitable for your skin type you will achieve even more surprising results.
5. It helps you eliminate muscle pain
Taking a hot bath is also good for treating muscle and joint pain.
And you will not only find great relief thanks to a good massage: you can also achieve it through other alternatives such as a bath.
If you want the relaxing effect to be even greater, you can add magnesium, or failing salt, to the water and you will notice a big difference.
6. It will keep you young
Something that is able to relax and has benefits for your skin, of course, will also help you stay younger.
- A bath with cold water will be able to reduce the level of cortisol, the stress hormone that causes premature aging.
- All this will help you fight against the syndrome of chronic fatigue and will have an effect similar to what would be achieved with a meditation session.
7. Regulates digestion
A bath with fresh water is good to regulate digestion.
In this sense, it would have a positive effect that could improve your intestinal function and help you eliminate gases. However, to avoid complications, it is advisable to do it two hours after eating.
8. It will help you fall asleep
Taking a relaxing bath will help you fall asleep. As with milk, it helps to relax and sleep more quickly.
Several investigations showed that it also helps to improve sleep. Bathing in hot water at night helps you fall asleep and wake up quickly the next morning.
9. Raise your spirits
According to recent studies, something as simple as taking a hot bath will keep you calm and help you overcome loneliness at all times.
Also, in case you add essential oils, such as lavender, orange or bergamot, you can improve your mood even more.
When bathing, to give you an idea, you will feel the same effect of satisfaction that you would feel when drinking chocolate and above you can continue to maintain your line.
10. You will have fun
In addition, bathing for an hour quietly, plus a most relaxing experience is also fun.
So, do not hesitate, fill your bathtub up and immerse yourself in it.
When you leave, you will be as new, and your body will appreciate it.