The headache is one of the worst that exists, since it does not allow us to do any activity other than sleeping in a dark and silent room.If you are looking for a home remedies for migraine relief, in the following article we will give you some alternative solutions to the famous analgesics. These remedies can serve as a complement to the medical treatment you follow.
Why Does Migraine Occur?
There are different types of headaches, and migraine is one of them. In this case, there is a throbbing and
throbbing pain on only one side of the skull. The origin is unknown and the only way for the symptoms to
subside is to lie down in a dark or very quiet room.
In some people, migraine presents them with problems in vision or speech and even vomiting and nausea. The
picture may get worse if they perform any physical activity or sudden movement. It also intensifies in
crowded, sunny and noisy places.
Unlike tension headache or “common” headache, migraine occurs after the release of inflammatory substances,
which cause pain in the nerves and blood vessels of the head and neck. It can last from hours to days and
the frequency with which the episodes appear is only weeks apart.
Home Remedies For Migraine Relief
If your head hurts on one side and the pain intensifies with light or noise, pay attention to the following
natural home remedies for migraine relief:
1. Ice Cubes
It is an option that is more than effective and, at the same time, affordable . It is one of the very simple remedies for migraine, since you only have to place some ice cubes in a plastic bag and then cover with a thin cloth.
What Should You Do?
- Apply on the area that hurts and leave for 20 minutes while you lie on your back on the couch or bed .
- You can repeat every one hour approximately and several times a day. The cold will make the blood vessels
constrict and your head hurts less.
2. Ginger Tea
This root has many health benefits because it can increase the temperature, strengthen the immune system
and improve blood circulation. It is also anti-inflammatory! To take advantage of its properties, we can
prepare a tea.
- 1 slice of ginger root or 1 tablespoon of grated root (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Honey (to taste) (optional)
- To prepare the ginger tea, simply add a root stew in a cup of boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes and sweeten with a teaspoon of honey (optional).
- Drink as hot as possible while you are lying on the bed.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
This can be used as one of the remedies for migraine, but also for its prevention . In the first case, soak a
little in a cloth and apply on the area of the head where it hurts. To avoid episodes of pain prepare the
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of fresh water and mix well.
- Take two or three times a week before going to sleep.
- In this way, you can detoxify the body and reduce blood pressure. Both factors that can interfere with your
4. Chamomile Tea
With soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile is a more than recommended plant if our head
hurts a lot. It also serves as a cure for insomnia or for nerves and stress. While you can buy chamomile
tea bags, we recommend that you prepare it yourself by buying the flowers in a naturist house.
- 3 tablespoons of chamomile (45 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Honey (to taste)
- The juice of ½ lemon (optional)
- Heat the water and, when it boils, add chamomile.
- Let it rest, filter, sweeten with honey and add a little lemon juice before consuming.
5. Lavender Essential Oil
This plant is chosen in many treatments due to its medicinal properties. For example, some people choose to
place bouquets of lavender on the pillow so that their aroma helps them sleep better. As a remedy for
migraine relief we should use essential oil, also to prevent pain .
What should you do?
- Pour a few drops on your fingers and rub lightly and with circular movements where it hurts.
- You can also spread a little on the towel you use to dry after the bath or in handkerchiefs or certain
Lavender oil is well known for its sedative properties, but it is not the only one we can use if our head
hurts a lot . Other options are basil, chamomile, eucalyptus, thyme and sandalwood. And of course the olive
This tuber has a good amount of water in its composition, which is why it is used to moisturize the skin.
But also, the potato – like cucumber or watermelon – can be very helpful if we suffer from migraine.
What should you do?
- It is as simple as cutting several slices and placing them on the forehead or temples . Fasten them with a
handkerchief and rest .
- Change when you notice that they are hot or dry.
If you suffer too often from migraine, we recommend that you consult a doctor. This way you will know what
is due and, above all, what is the most appropriate treatment for your problem.