A quick, simple and delicious menu is the sweet and sour chicken wings. For its crispy touch, flavor, and aroma, seduce any palate. You can prepare fries or baked, according to the taste of the diner; the idea is that they are left toasty on the outside and juicy on the inside. The final touch will be given by the sauce that accompanies the main ingredient.
Sweet and sour chicken wings can be perfectly served as a second course; They are also a perfect option for an afternoon of tapas. A bottle of wine, some crumpled potatoes or a piece of bread, and nothing else will be needed.
If they are washed well, they are seasoned properly and marinated, they will be a delicacy. A useful recommendation is to cut the wings in two, so that each diner chooses the part that he likes the most. If we decorate them at the end of cooking with some sesame seeds, they will look much more appetizing.
Sweet and sour chicken wings with a touch of pineapple
- 1 cup of tomato sauce or ketchup (200 mL).
- White vinegar and pineapple juice to taste.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or thickener (5 g).
- 10 chicken wings chopped in two (1 kg).
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (30 g).
- Sesame, salt, and pepper (to taste).
- Mustard and English sauce (optional).
- 1 or 2 slices of fresh pineapple
- Frying oil
- Wash the wings well, eliminating the feathers and tips.
- Season the pieces with salt and pepper. Whoever has decided to use mustard and English sauce, this is the time to add them. The flavor will be much more powerful if you let it marinate for at least an hour. It is convenient to do it in the refrigerator, in a covered container.
- In a pan, heat the oil, place the wings and cook until they take a nice golden color, although they can also be baked. Then reserve in another container.
- In the same pan used in the previous step, pour the tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice. Also, the fruit cut into small cubes.
- Mix carefully, and without stopping. When it begins to boil, add the cornstarch previously dissolved in water and without lumps. Continue stirring until the sauce is thick.
- Put the wings to the preparation, bathe them with the sauce and cook, for 5 minutes, over low heat.
- When removing from heat place on a tray and sprinkle sesame. They can be accompanied with rice, potatoes or bread. A vegetable puree will also be a good companion.
Sweet and sour chicken wings with honey and lemon
It is another ideal appetizer, with a different touch between salty, sweet and sour.
- Chicken wings (1 kg).
- Garlic (2-3 teeth, 30 g).
- Honey (4 tablespoons, 60 g).
- Rosemary, salt, and pepper (to taste).
- Soy sauce (4 tablespoons, 60 g).
- Olive oil (4 tablespoons, 40 g).
- Lemon juice (4 tablespoons, 80 mL).
- Clean, wash and dry the wings.
- Process the honey, the soy sauce, the garlic, the oil, the lemon juice and a little salt in the blender. Add also a pinch of pepper.
- Bring the wings to a container, pour over them the mixture and some leaves of rosemary. Stir and place in a covered container for 1 or 2 hours.
- Place an oven tray, put a little oil and arrange the wings, to bake for about 45 minutes.
- Turn occasionally to avoid sticking. The oven must be preheated to 200 ° C.
Oriental style sweet and sour chicken wings
- 1/2 kilo of chicken wings
- Water (4 tablespoons, 80 mL).
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon, 15 g).
- Corn flour (1 tablespoon, 10 g).
- Orange juice (3 tablespoons, 60 mL).
- Tomato sauce or tomato concentrate (1 tablespoon, 15 g).
- The wings
- Wash and dry the wings of chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry in a pan with hot oil, until golden brown. Let it rest while the sauce is done.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a bowl of water, taking care not to create lumps. Reserve.
- Place the sugar, vinegar, tomato concentrate, soy and orange juice in a pot and bring to the heat.
- When it is about to boil, add the cornstarch. Stir for two minutes until thick.
- When the sauce is ready, remove from heat and let cool. It can be poured over the wings or simply put in separate spreads.