It is time for you to discover how to enjoy banana and how to make original preparations with simple tips that will guide you to have a fantastic result and, above all, tasty. Know what you can do and how to carry it out in a few simple steps.
The banana, without a doubt, is one of the most used fruits within the different gastronomic traditions around the world. Especially in America, where there is a variety of recipes that are delicious and original due to their preparation.
It is an ingredient that does not go unnoticed in the variety of uses it has. Although it is necessary to apply a bit of ingenuity before this possibility, no less certain is that the result is worthy of a Michelin Star.
In addition, the secret comes from the state in which the banana is when added to a recipe. That is, if it is in a mature state, the flavor it will provide will be sweeter while being somewhat green it will be salty but more crunchy.
For this reason, it allows you, as a chef, to make really delicious dishes, with great ease and with results that are useful to combine with other contours, elements, and types of meals.
Now, what really matters is knowing what we get when we consume bananas; no matter how we do it. The most important source is potassium and folic acid. It is also a broad source of vitamins and mineral fibers such as zinc or selenium.
Original tips to make with banana
1. Baked banana
In this tip, you will definitely find a blank canvas as to what you can add or do when accompanying or adding in this recipe.
Also, you will know the way in which this fruit acts when placed in heat and how this way of cooking conserves most nutrients. And if you are one of those who prefers the sweet versus the salty, you are in the right place.
- 4 ripe bananas (850 g).
- 5 sheets of aluminum foil.
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted margarine (45 g).
- 2 cups of grated white cheese (300 g).
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil (8 mL).
- Before starting with the whole procedure, you must make sure to remove the skin of the bananas and place them in a mold, without cutting.
- Then, you must set the oven temperature at 400º C.
- Before introducing the mold with the bananas, you should expect the oven to heat and conserve heat for about 5 minutes.
- The margarine will be used to spread it over the bananas in combination with the oil. This will make them look golden on the outside and soft and well cooked on the inside.
- Finally, bring to the oven for 35 minutes and make sure to turn them over, so they cook well at 7-minute intervals.
- Once ready, serve and enjoy the banana!
2. Green plantain tostones
This recipe is prepared very frequently in the coastal areas of a large part of Latin America, especially in Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Brazil. It consists of unripe green bananas in combination with vegetable oil and salt.
Usually, it is a companion of main dishes such as fish or meat, in combination with salads and mashed potatoes. However, the highlight of this preparation is the simplicity provided by the banana Even without maturing!
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (110 mL).
- 2 large green bananas (400 g).
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g).
- In a pan, pour the contents of the cup with vegetable oil and medium heat and let it heat hot enough.
- Then, make sure to remove the skin of the green banana.
- Keep in mind that while you are removing the skin of the banana, you must take care not to put your hands on your clothes, you could stain it.
- Now, cut the sliced bananas. So that you can fully yield the entire fruit.
- With the oil hot enough, add the green banana slices and let them brown. Just brown!
- When you see that the slices are golden, proceed to remove them from the oil.
- With the help of a hammer to crush the meat, give the slices accurate strokes until they are flattened.
- The idea is that you do it with all of them so that they are as flat as possible.
- Finally, put them back in the oil over low heat and wait for them to fry for 2 minutes and remove them. Drain excess oil well and serve on a plate with some salt.
3. Ripe banana sweet
This preparation is as delicious as the title it holds, so it is an ideal option to enjoy the banana. It combines an ideal blend between the natural sweet of ripe banana and brown sugar. In addition, the contrast with white wine makes the palate to delight remarkably.
- 4 large ripe bananas (700 g).
- 1 cup of brown sugar (100 g).
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (60 mL).
- 1 cup of red wine (110 mL).
- Start by removing the skin of the plantains and cutting them into slices about 2 cm wide.
- Then, make sure you fry them very well. Once this step is completed, pass them to a refractory bowl.
- Then, introduce the brown sugar and the cup of wine to the mixture with the bananas.
- Finally, transfer everything to a pan and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve and decorate to taste. Now you can enjoy the banana!